Hawks! It is time for our 2nd 7 minute time trial! Please read below for some thoughts/advice!
- The main goal is to cover more distance than you did last time!
- There will be a prize for the boy and girl who improve the most from Time Trial #1 to Time Trial #2 (this means who improves the amount of distance covered the most from #1 to #2).
- Take a look at the team time trial results (I have included the results below) to help you see how far you should cover. I think last time some of you were a little nervous so you did not cover as much distance as you probably could have. Push yourself and try to move up the list!!!
- Try to keep the same route that you ran last time. This is not a requirement but it would make comparing the distance to the first time trial more accurate.
- You need to WARM UP and COOL DOWN for the time trial. Warm up should include 10-15 minutes of running and strides. Cool down should be done to get mileage for the day.
- If possible find a few teammates who were close to you last time trial and run with them!
- Share your results with Coach Gambrell! Either tag HillgroveXC on Instagram and post to your story OR email me a screenshot. ALL RESULTS MUST BE GPS VERIFIABLE TO COUNT! If you are not sure how to do this, email Coach Gambrell.
- Remember after this time trial we are going to take a few days off to rest/relax/recharge/recover and get ready for the 2020 season. All runner should take off Saturday-Monday. Check the Summer Training page on the website for updated mileage plans (https://hillgroveathletics.com/summer-training/)